Tuesday 7 November 2017

CD Baby

Latest update: 22 July 2023 at 2 pm GMT

The main problem I'm having at the moment is when I contact the support team I can never get an answer from them.

You can no longer sell your songs free of charge on the website as they have removed this facility.

I also don't recommend their pro publishing service as I have had problems with that too.

The original article written in November 2017 is below:

At the beginning of November 2017 I joined the CD baby web site.  This post is going to be about my progress as I use this company.


Digital Music Distribution

This link is a related article about Digital Music Distribution


CD Baby

This is one of the companies that are used for uploading and selling music on the Internet.


Bank Payment or Pay Pal

The first problem I had, was putting in my bank details.  I gave up in the end and opted for Pay Pal.  You would think it would be easy to enter an account number and sort code.  But somehow CD baby have made it impossibly difficult.  They charge $2 for using Pay Pal.

Cover Photo

I read through their information and saw that the cover photo should be 3000 pixels square.  Record Union ask for a cover photo of 1600 pixels square.

6 November 2017

I sent a message asking CD baby if I could use my photos of 1600 pixels.

7 November 2017, 1030 GMT

No reply yet!  So I decided to update my profile.  I can't update my profile because I haven't uploaded any music!

Things Can Only Get Better

Maybe they will reply and I'll get started.  So far I'm not impressed!


CD Baby Support

I Just clicked on the support button on their site, and typed "cover photo" and this is what it says:





Support

How can I re-size my art to the required minimum of 1400 x 1400 pixel dimensions?
Most often if you are having trouble uploading to us it's because the artwork is not an exact square or is not the right pixel size. We do require that images are a minimum of 1400 x 1400 pixels square; and a maximum of 5000 x 5000 pixels. 

Poke and Hope

Its always the same with everything.  Poke around and eventually you find the answer!


8 November 2017

Last night I uploaded "Morning Song" to the CD baby music store.  It cost absolutely nothing as I already had the UPC number (UPC would only cost $5).

CD Baby Profile

I got an email this morning and I think everything is ok and I was able to edit my profile.

Morning Song

If all goes according to plan, this song will be on the CD baby store on 14 November 2017.


9 November 2017

I got a reply to my enquiry about the cover photos:

Thanks for getting in touch with us.
Cover art must be:

1400 x 1400 pixels minimum
JPG file type
72 - 300dpi (300dpi is the best)
Less than 25mb
RGB color scheme (not CMYK)

It was sent at 1047 pm GMT on 8 November. So that's about 2 days since my enquiry.

Dots Per Inch

I looked up dpi on Google.  So it looks like my 1600 pixel photos are ok.

Morning Song On CD Baby Store

Today 14 November 2017 I got an email to say that the song is on site.

CD Baby Profile

I did have a profile on on the site but that's been removed now.  Links to my music sites are at:  Benido 












No comments:

Post a Comment